Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Vacc-60 is a comprehensive management program designed to increase the farm-gate value of weaned calves. Using the resources of United Producers Inc. and Tennessee Farmers Coop, and the expertise of multiple feed and animal health partners, this program leverages the latest in animal care in order to produce a healthy, more profitable product.
Vacc-60 includes Management, Animal Health, and Nutrition components, all designed to help produce low risk, predictable cattle, while also offering Marketing, Credit and Risk Management options to accommodate producer preferences.
1. Purchased calves must be owned by seller a minimum of 60 days; home-raised calves must be weaned at least 60 days.
2. Calves must be either naturally polled or de-horned to a length of 2 1/2” or less.
3. Male calves must be castrated (two testicles removed) and completely healed (knife castration recommended). If castration is done by banding method, the scrotal sac with both testicles must have fallen off prior to sale.
4. All female calves will be guaranteed open.
5. If bred heifers or bulls (one or more testicle still present) are found and verified by a veterinarian within 30 days of the sale, $200 per head plus vet fees will be paid by the seller to the buyer of the cattle. Calves must retain the approved sale tag for the guarantee to be valid.
6. All calves must be vaccinated and dewormed according to one of the prescribed animal health protocols. Calves will be identified with an approved, tamper-evident EID tag.
7. An Attestation of Participation must be completed, signed and presented prior to delivery of the certified cattle. Documentation must be provided verifying 1) Lot No/Serial No and Expiration Dates of the animal health products used and 2) Nutrition program fed.
1. All cattle must be bunk-broke and acclimated to feed. The diet must be nutritionally complete, balanced to meet protein, energy, major mineral, trace mineral, vitamins and roughage requirements.
2. The approved feed must meet the following guarantees (on an As-Fed basis):
• Crude Protein (CP) 12 – 16 %
• Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) 12—25%
• Net Energy Gain (NEg) .38—.45 Mcal/lb
3. Program cattle must be offered a free choice mineral and/or tub that contains the
manufacturer’s recommended level of Zinpro® Availa® 4. No other salt or salt product should be offered.
4. The feed program must include RumensinTM or Bovatec®. (Disclaimer: For verified
natural beef exception, consult your Vacc-60 representative)
5. For best results, we recommend feeding the approved feed, as needed, to produce animals with Body Condition Score (BCS) between 5 and 6 (on a scale of 1 to 9).
6. Producer will be asked to provide tags of qualifying feed, mineral, and/or tub.
7. For more guidelines on the nutritional requirement, Please see your qualified dealer representative.
8. At least once during the 60-day program, an approved representative must visit the farm to certify program requirements (nutrition and animal health) have been met.
For more information, contact us at (800) 456-3276