Membership is handled at the local level. Please check with your local market or UPI marketing representative about becoming a Preferred Member.
Join today and enjoy these advantages:
- discounted tariff schedules at auctions (livestock only)
- direct livestock (non-auction) marketing services
- access to management and consulting services, risk management services, producer training & certification and reports on the website
- special discounts through UPI Credit Services
- benefits from UPI’s involvement in regulatory and industry issues that affect our Preferred Members’ operations
- vote in Delegate elections and eligibility to serve as an elected Delegate or Director
- discounts on risk management service fees
- children and grandchildren of preferred members are eligible to enter the scholarship award program
- discounts at various indoor water parks and ski resorts
- access to an array of insurance programs, including health, worker’s compensation and farm owners insurance through Agri-Services Agency
Only producers who buy or sell livestock through UPI are eligible for Preferred Membership status. The annual $40 Preferred Membership fee is deducted from your first livestock check of the year. Membership is based on the calendar year beginning January 1 and ending December 31. If you prefer to pay with a check (no cash) prior to the deduction, please do so at your local market.
If you choose not to take advantage of the Preferred Membership status, you must complete a reimbursement form. The membership fee will be refunded; however, any tariff discounts received on previous auction payments will be subtracted from the refund because only Preferred Members are eligible to receive those discounts.
Once you are a Preferred Member and have paid your fee, you will not be assessed another Preferred Membership fee for additional businesses in another name of which you are the sole owner or principal. However, if you are in a business entity that involves persons other than immediate family, that business entity would require a separate membership fee.
Be part of the Midwest’s largest livestock marketing co-op – created for and governed by farmers and built on farmer values. Contact us today!