Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: 4350, Louisville Road, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Job Title: Office Assistant, part-time
Location: Bowling Green, Ky.
Reports To: Facility Office Manager
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Summary/Objective: Assist the Office Manager with bookkeeping, office administration and support, customer service, and entering auction records into the computer system as needed.
1. Process all business activities through the branch computer systems and generate customer checks and buyer invoices.
2. Balance the invoices and the payments at the end of the auction. Assist with the weekly facility bookkeeping packet and supporting reports
3. Record final bids, lots, and tag numbers of livestock into the computer system at the auction sale in an efficient manner maintaining productivity during a fast-paced auction.
4. Provide excellent customer service, by solving problems for customers and management as quickly and efficiently as possible, seeking guidance from the Office Manager as needed.
5. Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally displaying a positive attitude at all times.
6.Ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed.
7. Informs and makes recommendations to the Office Manager on pertinent issues as appropriate.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Travel Requirements: Occasional to assist at other markets.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in office administration, bookkeeping, and accounting duties, to include, but not limited to 10-key operation and data entry. Prior experience in the Livestock industry preferred. Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
Competencies: Multi-Tasking skills; Customer Service skills; Interpersonal skills; Excellent written and oral communication; Organizational skills; Attention to detail; Problem-Solving skills; Works well under pressure; Time-Management skills; Confidentiality; Ethical; Team oriented; and Business Acumen.
Physical Requirements: Typically involves sitting; Occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; Must be able to communicate, both by speaking and by listening over the telephone and in person. Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Must be able to finger by picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling. Must be able to grasp by applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Must be able to stoop by bending downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Must be able to kneel by bending legs at knees to come to a rest of knees. Must be able to reach by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Must be able to walk by moving about on foot to accomplish tasks. Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time.
Work Environment: This work environment can be both indoors and outdoors; both office and barn; involves working around livestock as well as other people.
Other: Must have good credit history.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.