Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: 8351, North High Street, Columbus, Ohio
1. Utilize Livestock transaction processing systems to:
a. Process daily livestock transactions from sales personnel and branches.
b. Generate related customer checks and invoices.
c. Process miscellaneous payable and receivable transactions.
d. Research and correct transaction discrepancies and documentation problems.
2. Utilize ticket system for livestock transaction assignment and control.
3. Utilize electronic filing systems for document storage.
4. Organize office records in accordance with UPI’s retention schedule.
5. Prepare or generate assigned reports, review and distribute.
6. Provide excellent customer service by solving problems for customers, sales staff, and management as quickly and efficiently as possible.
7. Communicate in a professional and positive manner to all customers and employees.
8. Acknowledge and respond to all emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
9. Inform and make recommendations on pertinent issues as appropriate.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Associate or bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
Experience: Office experience, preferably in accounting, office administration, or bookkeeping is preferred. Agriculture background and/or involvement with livestock is preferred.
Competencies: Attention to detail; Organizational skills; Problem-Solving skills; Written and oral communication; Judgment; Interpersonal skills; Service; Confidentiality; Team oriented.
Physical Requirements: Typically involves sitting; Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.; Must be able to communicate, both by speaking and by listening over the telephone and in person. Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Must be able to finger by picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Work Environment: This work environment is indoors in a climate-controlled office environment.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.