Job Title: Centralization Accounting Specialist
Location: Corporate (Columbus, Ohio)
Reports To: Controller
Employment Classification: Non–Exempt
Summary/Objective: Provide accounting and bookkeeping support for the livestock marketing sales staff ensuring that policies and procedures are followed as directed by the finance and accounting department.
- Process transactions from branches for daily business activities, including accounts payable and accounts receivable activities from branches.
- Maintain accurate livestock inventory records, reconciled to branch by physical counts.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Use cloud based technology to ensure a high level of quality control in the handling of branch and corporate office documents and the completing of the transactions in a timely manner.
- Process business activities through the computer system and generating customer checks and buyer invoices.
- Conduct internal reviews per audit instructions. This includes scheduling reviews, requesting documentation from markets and reporting results to management.
- Prepare bookkeeping packets and provide accounting reports through the computer system as needed by management.
- Support corporate office accounting department in reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Organize office records in accordance with UPI’s retention schedule.
- Provide excellent customer service, by solving problems for customers, sales staff, and management as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide exceptional customer service by communicating in a professional manner to all employees and acknowledging /responding to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers displaying a positive attitude at all times.
- Proactively recognize things that are a cost saving and process improving to the business.
- Informs and makes recommendations to the Controller on pertinent issues as appropriate.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: None
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum requirements includes previous experience in an office environment, preferably in accounting, office administration, or bookkeeping. Prior experience in the Livestock industry preferred. Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
Competencies: Interpersonal skills; Customer Service; Excellent written and oral communication; Organizational skills; Attention to detail; Adaptable; Judgement; Problem-Solving skills; Confidentiality; Ethical; and Team oriented.
Physical Requirements: Typically involves sitting; Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.; Must be able to communicate, both by speaking and by listening over the telephone and in person. Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Must be able to finger by picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Work Environment: This work environment is indoors in a climate-controlled office environment.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
Please submit all resumes/applications to:
Fax: (614) 433-2191
United Producers Inc
Attn: Human Resources
8351 N High Street – Suite 250
Columbus, Ohio 43235
United Producers is an equal opportunity employer.