Trying to manage livestock and grain prices can sometimes feel too much like gambling with your livelihood. At United Producers Inc., we have the experience to help you manage your risk and stabilize your bottom line. Don’t try to do it alone – that’s what we’re here for. Our Risk Management team will help you determine the right approach to managing your marketing decisions and input costs. Risk Management Solutions give you access to:
- UPI’s Feeder Preference Marketing Agreement
- Provides access to livestock futures and options
- Retail Brokerage Services*
- Futures (fed cattle and hogs – 20,000-40,000 lbs., feeder cattle – 25,000-50,000 lbs.)
- Gasoline, diesel fuel (2,000 gal. increments), natural gas (2,500 mmbtu) and propane (21,000 gal. increments) options
Brokerage Services are offered by FCC Futures Inc., an NFA member and CFTC registered IB.
- Forward Contracting
- Packer/end user contracts
- Farmer to farmer contracts
- Daily Market Reports and Analysis
- Long-term Marketing Arrangements
Benefits for you:
- Convenient and easy to access.
- In some programs we cover the margin requirements.
- We offer smaller increments of livestock futures and fuel options to provide practical solutions to more members.
To see if you’re a good candidate for Risk Management, contact your local UPI representative or call (614) 433-2184.
Access to Market Information
Relevant market intelligence is necessary to be successful in today’s environment. We have created this website to provide you with information that will assist you on a daily basis.
*The trading of derivatives such as futures and options may not be suitable for all investors. Derivatives trading involves substantial risk of loss, and you should fully understand those risks prior to trading.