Division/Department: Irvington, Ky.
Reports to: Facility Manager
Employment type: Part-Time, 20-30 hours a week
To provide assistance in maintaining the up keep of the barn facility.
Scope of Position:
The Yard Worker has the responsibility to ensure the safety and the maintenance of the livestock marketing facility. In addition, responsibilities may include care, feeding and movement of livestock.
Essential Functions of this position:
- Load, unload, sort, move and pen livestock (cattle) from delivery trucks.
- Cleans and prepares all areas of the facility for the next activity.
- Prepares minimal paperwork and tracking of livestock throughout the facility.
- Interacts professionally and courteously with other employees, patrons and truckers.
- Operate skid loader when necessary.
- Perform repair and maintenance of the facility as directed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work and Skill Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds or more.
- Good coordination and endurance to perform the physical aspects of the job.
- Team attitude; performs work independently; cooperative and personable.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Based on experience.
Please visit the UPI-Irvington, Ky., facility for an application or mail all resumes/applications to:
United Producers Inc
Attn: Human Resources
8351 N High Street – Suite 250
Columbus, Ohio 43235
Fax: (614) 433-2191
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.