Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Executive V.P. of Livestock Marketing
Employment Status: Exempt (salary – not eligible for overtime)
This purpose of this role is providing leadership, administration, customer service to internal as well as external customers, and execution of strategy for an aggressive risk management portfolio of solutions for UPI members. The risk management portfolio will be an industry leading augmentation of risk vehicles that allow members of UPI to maximize the value of their livestock at the farm gate. The Risk Portfolio Administrative/Customer Service Representative will be responsible for department administrative needs, taking/placing risk orders with appropriate third party partners, and executing daily department task for driving a risk portfolio that is a strategically aligned with the business plan for UPI. It will be critical that the Risk Portfolio Administrative/Customer Service Representative drive thorough accurate risk execution that allow UPI to enhance market share and revenue growth while ensuring customer service is appropriately maintained and elevated. This role will embrace UPI’s strategic mission and vision and deliver it across the business platform. The Risk Portfolio Administrative/Customer Service Representative will be expected to engage a mindset that creates an environment of “meeting or exceeding” expectations routinely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for representing United Producers, Inc., to the livestock industry and risk management businesses.
- Assist the Leader of Risk Management in managing and executing risk management and hedging platforms and strategy for the corporate livestock position and producer risk management programs.
- Develop and engage market solutions that result in UPI being a leader in livestock marketing strategies for our customers.
- Assist the Director of Risk Management in building key partnerships that leverage market capabilities and risk management platforms.
- Provide background support and administration to the personnel and platforms integrating UPI’s risk strategy for corporate and producer accounts.
- Develop, evaluate, and engage technological enhancements to the corporate livestock risk management program, accounting flow and process.
- This individual will follow all company safety policies and be a leader in safety and believes that safety is the most important responsibility and that UPI can operate with zero injuries.
- To assist the lead Risk Manager in managing a diverse portfolio of risk products, programs and initiative to ensure UPI is the leading provider of risk management solutions to our diverse member / customer list.
- Working with Demand Creation Leader this role will have a thorough understanding of the diverse member / customer base. With this understanding the role will engage the Risk Manager and third party vendors as needed to ensure UPI has a portfolio of risk solutions that are timely and appropriate for both short-term and longer-term risk management.
- Passionately engaging, training and servicing the greater UPI sales and marketing team to ensure they are actively engaging customers with the risk portfolio opportunities.
- The role will be a “champion” of communication with the company, employees and customers.
- Collect, manage and communicate through the company market conditions including but not limited to: competitive data, commodity (livestock) values, industry trends, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent situational experience.
- Must have a Series 3 License or capable of obtaining within 90 days of employment.
- 3+ years of:
- Administrative leadership experience.
- Customer relationship management
- Technology competency
- Active use of software (MS Office, electronic mail, texting, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service driven.
- Aggressively embraces opportunity solving and solutions planning
- Team driven
- Decision maker
- Leadership driven
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.